Early man did not celebrate birthdays until after they began to understand lunar cycles then subsequently established calendars.
Before the rise of Christianity, birthday celebrations were a form of protection. It was a common belief that evil spirits were more dangerous to a person when he or she experienced a change in their daily life, such as turning a year older. To protect them from harm, friends and family would gather around the birthday person and bring good cheers, thoughts and wishes. Giving gifts brought even more good cheer to ward off the evil spirits.
In todays culture, we see it as just a way of honoring our friends and family. When you need something to make it just a little more special, go to www.eastonpublishing.com. Let them know how much they mean to you with one of our unique cards. It will brighten their day and yours as well.
They mean so much to you. Enough, that you want them to know you remembered their birthday. Get one of our “special cards” that are wrapped in the special “care package” envelope. Then, here’s some ideas of what to write in that special card…
- This is your special day…celebrate!
- Wishing you a wonderful day.
- Sincere good wishes on your special day.
- Best wishes on your birthday for good health and happiness throughout the year.
- Warmest greetings on your birthday with every good wish for the coming year.
- With friendly thoughts and best wishes for your birthday.
- Sending you sincere wishes for good health and happiness on your birthday.
- All the best to you for a very special birthday.
- May you have an unforgettable day filled with happiness.
- Wishing you life’s best!
- May this day and every day be filled with joy.
- Wishing you every happiness today and always.
- Have a sensational day!
- May all of your dreams come true.
- Warm wishes on your birthday and always.